Ever After

Monday, October 18, 2010

Never wanted to know the sound of your tears hitting the floor
But I've found out, the words gotten around and
I'm the one who should be the enemy in their war
I know its what I deserve but please don't go back for more

I never wanted to see such a distraught look on your face
Now I've laid eyes on it, it hurts so deep, and I wish I wasn't alive
I'm the one who should be struggling to keep breath in my lungs
I know its what I deserve but please don't sing that song

Never wanted to believe that you could do without me so easily
But I see you're starting to get over the breaking
I'm the one who you should've been blaming, shaming, erasing
I know its what I deserve but don't make this goodbye long

I've seen so much pass through your eyes
When you try and tell me there's nothing bothering you
And they start to shine

Never wanted to believe that you could do without me so easily (But you're doing okay)
I never wanted to see such a distraught look on your face (Now you're only smiling)
Never wanted to know the sound of your tears hitting the floor (Replaced by laughter)
I never wanted to think you'd be better without me (Living happily ever after)



Thank you to States for the inspiration for this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment